Tuesday, April 6, 2010

(Facebook) status anxiety

The Philosophy Smoker has a fun post detailing some wacky student behaviors: the usual strange spellings of philosophers' names, etc. ("Dick Hart's Meditations"!). But this tale satisfies me greatly:


This semester one of my students "friends" me on facebook. Later in the semester, she writes about skipping philosophy class with her buddies as her status. Just before class I get an email saying her grandmother died unexpectedly and she's unable to attend class.

I respond with the usual "I'm sorry to hear that" reply, but attach a screenshot of her status update to the email.

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to use your name and don't have a blogger profile, please mark Name/URL in the list below. You can of course opt for Anonymous, but please keep in mind that multiple anonymous comments on a post are difficult to follow. Thanks!